Be a Global Marathon Ambassador
Ambassadors help spread the word about the Marathon. With many voices, together we can build a supportive and networked community. Follow these simple steps and be an Ambassador.
Step 1 - Register for the Global Marathon
Then join us from the convenience of your office or home March 8-9, 2017 to learn, discuss and network.
Step 2 - Help spread the word through social media
- Post to Twitter #GlobalMarathon
Use our sample post or write your own
Women in E&T - join me! Register for the #GlobalMarathon. @DiscoverEorg's free, online conference: 3/8-9, 2017. DiscoverE.org/GlobalMarathon
Step 3 - Share terrific content
In real time or using the recorded Marathon sessions, consider facilitating your own chat. You can:
- Pick a session or two to foster discussion at a regular meeting of your professional or technical society.
- Organize coffee or tea talks at your workplace to discuss the Marathon's daily themes.
- Invite college engineering students for a luncheon or coffee break to share advice and experiences.
Step 4 - Conversation Starters
Here are topics you can use as conversation starters for in-person events or social media posts or tweets:
- Do you have tips for coping with different personalities at work?
- What has been your favorite project and why?
- What is the most surprising thing you have learned in your career?
- How has engineering changed you as a person?
- What did you want to be when you were growing up? How does it differ from what you are doing today?
- How do you define success in your career?
Women in Engineering
- Are women changing the image of engineering? If yes, how?
- What do you see on the horizon for women in engineering and technology?
- How can women in engineering leverage their positions to foster social good?